Monday, December 29, 2014

TGIWB!!!!! (thank goodness it's winter break!!!!!)


I don't know about you-but I have needed a break to catch up on life! Who knew that switching to a classroom would mean that I would have zero time for anything from August until December and then again from January to June?? Haha well I bet just about everyone reading this did! I absolutely LOVE being a classroom teacher, but WOAH-what a change! Planning for a class of second graders takes up a huge chunk of my time and I like to use my remaining free time relax and watch mind-numbing TV - enter every Bravo Housewives series!

Anyway, now that I have a little time to breathe I can update you on life!

Before winter break we started money (YIKES) and we will pick it up when we return in January. I'll get more into the nitty gritty of that after break! We had a little fun and made snow during science class. Thank you dollar tree for this fun kit! Can you believe we haven't had any snow in Chicago??


We passed the snow around and talked about what chemical changes occurred when we were making it & its physical properties. Trust me-that sounds a lot more elaborate than it actually was!

We also made these fun ornaments for our families. Super easy and super cute!


Here is the final product! I love how I can tell which child made which ornament just by the way they decorated their snowman! :)


Each student wrote their name on the opposite side with a black Sharpie to make it even more personal! I hope their parents loved them!

I also made some co-worker gifts with the help of another teacher's pretty handwriting:



And here's what I've been up to over break...

1. Made cracker toffee for a Christmas party and managed to burn caramel AND cut my fingers in the process. Note to self - I am NOT a skilled baker!


2. Bought a carousel to go with my Keurig and set up a little coffee station in my apartment! Hopefully this will look cuter in my next apartment when I move in April. Right now I live in a TINY studio with minimal counter space, so this will have to do!


3. And finally, a much needed no-chip manicure. Heaven. The color is Viking in a Vinter Vonderland by OPI!


Well, it's Monday night which means its almost time for Vanderpump Rules (more quality Bravo tv) so I have to run! Happy almost New Year!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment