Monday, July 21, 2014

Sneak Peak at Some Classroom Things and a Freebie!



Hola my friends! I'm linking up with 4th grade frolics for another Monday Made it! So today (tonight really) I'm blogging about some things I have made for my classroom this summer. Although I have been teaching for the past 3 years, this will be my first year in the classroom and I am SUPER excited! So here we go…




These are my fancy new emergency passes! We will go to the bathroom twice a day as a class, so these are for those kiddos who need to leave the room at another point during the day to go to the bathroom or grab a drink from the water foutain. Side note - it took everything in me not to say get a drink from the bubbler because that is what we call it in Milwaukee which is where I am from. 


I get soooooo tired of my kids asking me to go to the bathroom 20 times a day. I tried having them use hand signals but once one student had to go, the whole class suddenly did. I am being proactive and planning ahead this year by making these. Each student will have one emergency pass by their name to use. I am going to really stress that they only get to use this ONCE a day. Some kids may not even use it but I also have those kids who love to take longggggg walks to the bathroom about ten times a day and I just do not want them to keep losing instructional time.



So how will I know who is in the bathroom without them raising their hands you ask? Enter my B-E-A-utiful new cookie tray. I made this bad boy so that I will know where my kids are at all times. Each morning I will have their magnets waiting on the white board next to the tray. Their names are on there, but I had to blur them out for my blog because they don't know their teachers yet. Spoiler - it's me!! 


I used these magnets to stick to the back of laminated paper with their names on them. When they enter the room they will be responsible to transfer their name from the board to the cookie sheet. That will also help me with attendence because absent students will not move their names. 


If the kids ever leave the room they have to move their name to the corresponding place they are: with another teacher, bathroom, other. I chose to use those things because there are endless "others" they could go to and this just made it easier. If they are going somewhere under the "other" section it is to the nurse, office, library, etc. and I will be the one sending them there so I will know where they are.

Also another MAJOR BONUS-if we ever have a fire drill I can grab this puppy and run out the door with it. It will be an easy and quick way to take attendence and for me to remember who is absent that day or who is with another teacher. 

I am so excited about this thing and I can't wait to show my kiddos! I highly suggest making your own cookie tray! Also, if you would like your own set of emergency bathroom passes, just click the picture below! I "made it" just for you guys! :)


I printed mine on bright pink paper, but you can print them on whatever color you want!


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen the cookie sheet idea and thought about doing it, but after reading your post I really want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lena! It is so easy to make. Just use washi tape to separate the parts you want! I would love to see yours if you decide to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete