Friday, April 19, 2013

A or An?

Some of you might know that is has been very rainy here in Chicago and with that rain comes flooding. Luckily I didn't have any flooding but unfortunately a lot of my coworkers and friends did. That includes my boyfriend's parents house so we will be spending this sunday ripping up carpet from the basement to clean up the mess. I'll keep you posted on how that goes!

The reason that I'm mentioning the rain is that due to severe weather school was cancelled today. Normally I would have been jumping for joy but I still woke up early and got completely ready for work this morning. I was about to walk out the door when I found I we didn't have to go in today so thank goodness I had not starting driving yet! I couldn't fall back asleep once I was ready for the day so even though I didn't get to sleep in I did get to make a new TpT activity!

I have been working with my students on forming sentences and one thing they constantly confuse is whether they should use a or an. That being said, I created this fun activity with my extra time today and can't wait to use it with my kiddos!
Click the picture below to get it in my TpT store!



Here's how it works:
1. Use the anchor charts to teach/review the rules for using a or an.
2. Have students sort the cards on the corresponding sorting mat (jelly = a, peanut butter = an)
3. There are sorting cards both with and without pictures so that you can differentiate! 
4. Have students use the recording sheets to write down how they sorted their words and to use them in sentences. Check their recording sheets for understanding!

This can be used in centers or individually, whichever you prefer. There is a TON of visuals to help out my little ELLs and I can't wait to use this with them next week! I'll post pictures of how we use them in class soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment