Sunday, January 27, 2013

Welcome to Stuck on Teaching!

I am very excited to start my teaching blog! I think that blogging is a great way to share your work and for others to comment and share their ideas as well. 

Here are the basics:
1. My name is Jenna.
2. I currently teach K-2 ESL and BIL in my school in Illinois, and love it.
3. This is my second year of teaching which doesn't seem like much but I have learned a lot these past two years.
4. Last year I was in Wisconsin working with some amazing people and I moved to Chicago this summer and have been working in Illinois since August.
5. My teaching style is simple: I believe the ESL instruction shouldn't be separate but rather integrated with content instruction. I feel that this helps students to learn and develop their language in context to what they are learning opposed to language and general instruction being completely separate. Most of my lessons and activities are designed for teachers to use within the classroom to help their ELLs but can benefit students of all levels and language proficiency.

I recently started posting my lessons to Teachers Pay Teachers two months ago, and now I have become an addict. Every time I see a student struggling with something a lightbulb goes off in my head and I think "I can make a lesson to help him/her with that". And thus explains the inspiration behind the majority of my creations! Please take a look at my TpT store and let me know what you think!

You can see my most recent upload here! I hope you enjoy!

I am currently in the middle of ACCESS testing for all of my ESL students (for those of you who have ELLs you know what I mean) so once I am finished I will include pictures and posts focused on using my lessons and ELL strategies with my students!

Happy Sunday!

Jenna Stuckert


No comments:

Post a Comment